Senior Data Engineer – Featured Merchant Algorithm
Amazon’s planet-scale Retail platform has created the largest marketplace in human history. Affording customers unprecedented product selection and merchants access to a global market, our team leverages sophisticated machine learning and big data technologies to allow customers to discover the right product at the right price from the most trusted merchant billions of times every day. We enable over 90% of all purchases on Amazon by choosing which offer wins the Detail Page Buy Box and our service directly impacts the business metrics of every Amazon channel (Retail, FBA and Marketplace) worldwide. If you’re looking for a career-defining opportunity on one of the most visible teams within Amazon, we’d love to hear from you.
Our success depends on our ability to manage and analyze the data that our customers generate. We are looking for an outstanding engineer with a great business sense who has the ability to analyze and understand large amounts of data and help make data-driven key strategic decisions that will drive several customer focused initiatives. Working with our science, engineering and multiple business teams, you will have the opportunity to impact customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of multiple customer friendly features on Amazon.
In this position, you will be working in one of the world’s largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You should be passionate about working with huge datasets and be someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions. You should have deep expertise in creation and management of datasets and the proven ability to translate the data into meaningful insights. In this role, you will have ownership of end-to-end development of solutions to complex questions, and you’ll play an integral role in strategic decision-making.
The right candidate will possess excellent business and communication skills, be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and be able to build analyses to answer those questions. You will have regular interactions and will present to senior leaders in Amazon
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or related technical field.
- 4+ years of relevant employment experience.
- Knowledge and direct experience using at least one industry standard business intelligence reporting tool.
- Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle SQL and Excel.
- Experience using SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Previous E-Commerce Experience
- Preferred Experience managing scorecards, metrics dashboards