Actuate 11 makes it very easy to move and copy encyclopedias between systems.
A possible use case: copy reports from production to QA and Dev.
If the Actuate metadata are in an Oracle database – the procedure is very simple:
0. If the destination volume exists – simply shut down the destination iServer. Or create a new empty volume, take it offline and shutdown the iServer.
1. Export the volume metadata schema from the source database (e.g. using expdp or exp).
2. Import the volume metadata into the destination database (e.g. using impdp or imp).
3. Copy the encyclopedia files (file, fileType, status directories) from the source file system to the destination.
4. Remove the old system information from the new destination volume metadata:
UPDATE ac_system_info SET cluster_id = NULL, system_name = NULL;
DELETE FROM ac_schema_lock;
DELETE FROM ac_volume_lock;
5. Start the destination iServer. Bring the new volume online.